Links & Resources

IVECA & Radio Communications


Radio communications play a pivotal role in the safety of the Imperial County firefighter. The Imperial Valley Emergency Communications Authority or IVECA, is entrusted in providing flawless radio communication 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. It accomplishes this endeavor with both stationary and portable radios connected to a network of communication sites located throughout Imperial County.

Both locally, and in conjunction with the San Diego County Sheriff’s Wireless Services Division, the system is continuously monitored. System failures are immediately reported and rectified ensuring reliable communications, wherever duty calls. Aiding in the safety of our firefighters through dependable communications is always our goal, and we take that very seriously!

Volunteer Program

Volunteer information can be obtained by contacting Captain Hector Garcia at:

Frequently Asked Questions

Should I call the local fire station direct in the event of an emergency?

No, in an emergency, calling 9-1-1 ensures the fastest response by the closest and most appropriate available unit.

How do I schedule a station tour, or arrange a fire safety presentation?

Call Imperial County Fire Department Administration at (442) 265-6000 or (442) 265-3000 during regular business hours.

How can I get a job as an Imperial County Firefighter?

For entry-level Firefighter positions please check the County of Imperial Website and access the job listings under the Human Resources tab.

Does the Imperial County Fire Department have a Volunteer Program?

Yes, applications may be obtained at ICFD Station #2 (Heber). The contact person is Captain Charles Seaman, he can be reached via phone at (442) 265-6000.

I want to be able to help my community in a disaster. What should I do? 

You can join Imperial County’s Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) to learn how to prepare yourself, your family, and your neighborhood to be self-sufficient during a disaster and to help others who may need it afterward. CERT volunteers receive training in a wide variety of skills and ongoing training to help them make a difference in our community. For more information, contact (442) 265-6000.

How do I arrange a fire station tour or have someone peak to our group? 

Call and arrange at (442) 265-3000

Where can I report suspicious arson activity

If you have reason to believe that a person is setting a fire or has just set a fire, call 9-1-1 immediately. Be prepared to describe the suspect, including physical features and clothing as well as the location and nature of the suspicious activity.

If you have information regarding a fire that has already occurred and is under investigation, please call (442) 265-3000

Why is my smoke alarm/detector making funny sounds (chirping)?

Any time your smoke detector goes off, it's important to pay attention. If it's sounding its loud alarm because it senses the presence of smoke, check your home thoroughly. If you smell smoke and are unable to locate a fire, call 9-1-1 and we'll send an engine to make sure that a fire isn't smoldering in a hidden area and it won't cost anything. If you don't smell smoke, the detector may be reacting to the presence of dust, steam, or a small insect or spider. Dust and bugs can be removed by a vacuum cleaner. If steam from a nearby shower is affecting your smoke detector regularly, move the detector to a different spot.

If the detector is just chirping, thumping, or buzzing, it probably means that the battery is low. Replace the battery as soon as possible. Without a working battery, a smoke detector can't do its job and the risk of dying in a fire increases greatly.

How do I obtain an incident report that happened in the county where your agency responded to?

Request for incident reports can be made via email at or phone (442) 265-6000. Please have the following information at hand:

Date/Type of Incident


A fee associated with this request will be required upon delivery.